Print Collage Stitch with Anne Brooke Textile Artist Sunday 6th October 2019
Sunday 6th October 2019
Anne is a mixed media textile artist, creating bespoke mixed media textile pieces of work that are combined with her love for drawing.
Instead of drawing with a pencil I use a needle and thread. I build up layers of paper and fabric, re-working my pieces with paint, ink, dyes and stamps before drawing on the surface with a sewing machine and needle. My inspiration comes from the walks and journeys I go on.
Starting with the first step and 'My Right Foot' I collect, draw and photograph the treasures that can go unnoticed and these become the inspiration for my work.
Brief overview of the day: - We will explore a variety of printing techniques that we will rip up, collage and stitch together to create a unique wall hanging.
£75 including materials*, equipment, mid morning cake (of course) and a healthy lunch!
* Materials will be provided, but if you would like to bring your own from your stash we have a list below.
Hopefully this will give you an idea of what you will need on the day so you don’t need to bring ‘the kitchen sink’.
‘Must haves’ You will need to choose a colour theme to base your hanging on.
- A variety of papers:- Wallpaper, old maps, paper bags, envelopes, wrapping paper, handmade paper, any paper in your stash, etc. Just make sure it is not too thick and you don’t need a huge amount
- Glue stick
- Sewing threads and embroidery threads in chosen colour*
‘If you haves’
- Any stamps or stencils you like to use
- Any paints you like working with.
- Hole punches (if you have any)
- Ribbon /lace / trimmings
- Buttons/ beads
- A ‘hanger’ for your hanging
‘Anne will have’
- A range of Do-craft acrylic paints*
- Printing stamps / stencils / bubble wrap
- Paint brushes
- A variety of wall paper / papers
- Selection of sewing threads
- Snippets of fabric (fabric scissors)
- Embroidery needles and threads for detail work
- Buttons, beads, ribbons, embellishments etc.
- Quilt hangers for your piece of work
* Needle & Thread will provide all sewing machines, scissors, brushes, paint pots, table coverings, assortment of hand embroidery threads, assortment of machine embroidery threads, buttons, lace, baby wipes, kitchen roll to clean stamps.